Through My Lens Series : Stillness, Motion & Echoes (A Visual Escape from the Noise)

'Yomi Akinlaja 



What the quiet moments in nature whispered to me… and how I learned to listen.


In a world that’s always moving, always rushing, always talking, I stumbled into something I wasn’t even looking for: 

Quiet.

Stillness.

Presence.

These photos weren’t planned. They weren’t posed. They were found in moments when I slowed down enough to actually see.

This is a photo story about what I found in between movement and what it meant to simply be.


Photo 1: The Pond and the Hut


Captured at LUFASI Nature Park, Lagos

The water wasn’t moving. The wind was gone. But everything- the leaves, the light, the hut- felt like they had something to say.

This was more than stillness. It was a kind of agreement. A shared breath.

And for the first time that day, I took one too.


Photo 2: A Bird Between Breaths


Captured from my bedroom window🫣


It was early. The light hadn’t fully stretched.

And there it was: a bird, not flying. Not moving. Just thinking, it seemed.

I watched it longer than I thought I would.

And that’s when it hit me: Maybe flying wasn't the point!


I didn’t chase these moments. I just paused long enough to catch them.

And maybe that’s what peace really is: the things we notice when we’re not in a rush to move on.

These frames are small, but they hold big feelings.


What moment made you pause, and what does stillness look like through your eyes? Drop a comment or tag @14BClose if you share your own!


1 Comments

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post