By: Ayomikun Taiwo & 'Yomi Akinlaja
Is Your Environment Messing with Your Mind? Here’s How to Take Back Control!
Have you ever felt completely drained by your surroundings; like the noise, negativity, or chaos is sucking the life out of you? It’s exhausting.
I know the feeling. I once lived in a place filled with constant noise and tension, and over time, it started affecting my peace of mind. But instead of letting it break me, I found a way to rise above it.
How? By mentally escaping.
Even though I couldn’t physically leave, I used the power of imagination, I visualized the peaceful, fulfilling future I wanted. And guess what? That simple shift in mindset helped me gain clarity on my goals and set me on the right path.
The reality is that your environment has an enormous impact on your mental health.
Studies even show that exposure to air pollution increases the risk of psychiatric disorders like depression and anxiety.
But here’s the good news - you can reshape how your environment affects you.
Simple Hacks to Stay Mentally Strong in Any Environment:
Feeling overwhelmed? Try these easy tricks to create your mental escape:
🌿 Nature Therapy: Spending time outdoors (even a short walk) can instantly improve your mood.
💡 Light It Up: Brighten your space with natural light, lamps, or mirrors to lift your spirits.
🌸 Mood-Boosting Scents: Scents like lavender, mint, and citrus can calm your mind; use candles, diffusers, or sprays.
🪴 Bring Nature Indoors: Adding plants or flowers can create a soothing, refreshing vibe in any space.
Your environment doesn’t have to control you.
With the right mindset and a few simple changes, you can take charge and create a space, mentally and physically, that supports your happiness and well-being.
If you find it hard to overcome, don’t sweat it!
Sometimes, you just need to talk it out. No shame in reaching out to a therapist or healthcare provider.
And hey, we’re here too! Need a listening ear? Hit us up:
Email: 14BClose@gmail.com
No judgment, just support.
We’ve got you!
Post a Comment